[Mageia-sysadm] [forums-discuss] Re: updating sysadmin privileges in forum config

Marja van Waes marja11 at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 26 15:43:16 CEST 2012

On 26/03/12 08:58, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:

> We were not talking about a simple software package for the
> distribution (although this is certainly an option). We were talking
> about the Mageia forums and what to do with the needed update to the
> forum software, and, yes, the 2 official updates of phpBB3 which we
> missed include several security fixes.

Please be as kind as to open bug reports for them, including the links
to the security issues that are solved by those updates.

We've had a lot of security bug reports so far, see
https://bugs.mageia.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=ALL+CVE because many of
our packagers missed the news about security fixes or were too busy to
take proper action. Luckily some people took the trouble to open reports
for them, that really helps to get the fixes done by either the
maintainers of the packages involved or by others who are willing to help.

Thanks in advance,
Marja