[Mageia-sysadm] Who made the decision to start putting Mageia 2 on the mirrors before qa approved the isos?

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Tue May 22 08:28:14 CEST 2012

A few hours ago, while trying to qa test the latest live cds, I ran
into a problem with gurpmi.addmedia hanging on the first boot into
a system installed from a live cd.

After waiting a few hours, I still can't complete testing of the
install from a live cd, as whichever mirror is being chosen, is
still not synced.

While I expect everything will work out once the mirrors finish
syncing, the syncing shouldn't have started before qa gave approval.

Yes I qa approved prior iso images, but once the decision to make
new iso images was made, the new iso images should have been qa
approved before the switch was thrown!

I have to get some sleep, so won't be able to finish qa testing the
latest live cds till after that.  Hopefully, whichever mirror is
being chosen will be synced by then.

Regards, Dave Hodgins