[Mageia-sysadm] Trip to Marseille 3

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Tue May 29 20:37:30 CEST 2012

Op dinsdag 29 mei 2012 08:56:00 schreef Maât:
> Le 28/05/2012 12:43, nicolas vigier a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > We will plan an other trip to Marseille to go to the datacenter soon.
> >
> > The things planned for this time are :
> > - replace old switch with a new one. Romain (Mageia.Org treasurer) will
> >
> >    order two switchs soon (one for spare)
> >
> > - run self-tests on sucuk to send the report to Dell. We need to do this
> >
> >    because the server crashed two times with machine check error.
> >
> > - configure remote admin card on sucuk
> > - replace the non working disk on one of the ARM boards
> > - remove an old disk from valstar
> > - take some time to write documentation about the servers we have in
> >
> >    this datacenter, list of spare hardware, etc ...
> >
> > Do you see anything else to add to this TODO list ?
> >
> > I have created this wiki page :
> > https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Marseille_3
>
> Side note: i work in marseille now... 15 minutes in car from IELO
> premices...
>
> I think i could do all this without people from Paris having to pay the
> travel
>
> my 2 cents

While i'm not from sysadmin team, and i'm not averse to such things, and
lessen the costs.

Nevertheless, it is imho best that you would familiarize with the
system/network and also for sysadmin team to accept you and your skills (and
trustworthyness).

I think if you are planning on helping this sort of thing in the future, or if
there is some kind of emergency problem; it would be interesting, maybe you
could join the other sysadmins maybe on-site to familiarize yourself with the
system/network.

of course, this sounds like common sense to me, i am not part of sysadmin
team.