[Mageia-sysadm] Migration of zarb mailling lists

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Wed Apr 3 16:22:53 CEST 2013

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013, Colin Guthrie wrote:

> 'Twas brillig, and nicolas vigier at 28/03/13 16:36 did gyre and gimble:
> > On Thu, 28 Mar 2013, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> >
> >> 'Twas brillig, and nicolas vigier at 27/03/13 16:24 did gyre and gimble:

> >> Makes sense. I'm not super fussed either way, but perhaps the -discuss
> >> could be implied if it's not present (e.g. all the specific ML's for
> >> commits, bugs etc. have their suffix but in the absence of a suffix
> >> implies it's a "discussion" mailing list)?
> >
> > Yes, -discuss could be implied, but if we do that we should probably
> > also rename all existing mailing lists which are using -discuss in
> > their name :
> > https://ml.mageia.org/l/info/qa-discuss
> > https://ml.mageia.org/l/info/forums-discuss
> > https://ml.mageia.org/l/info/doc-discuss
> > https://ml.mageia.org/l/info/local-discuss
> > https://ml.mageia.org/l/info/atelier-discuss
>
> Meh, not worth it :)

But we also have the "council" list, which is a discussion list, and
doesn't have -discuss in its name.

So maybe we could have this rule :
- [teamname]-discuss@ for team discussion lists
- [teamname]-[bugs,commits,reports...]@ for other team lists
- [something]@ for general discussion lists about some topic

So if we say dev is the general developement mailing list discussion
(not only for packagers team), then it could be dev at ml.mageia.org.

What do you think ?