[Mageia-sysadm] Packages-commits sending too many emails, cannot unsubscribe

Anssi Hannula anssi at mageia.org
Mon Jan 14 03:24:51 CET 2013

Hi!

It seems gmail has started throttling my incoming email and sending back
bounces due to too many incoming emails.

I figured this must be due to the huge amount of markreleases on
packages-commits lately due to the mass rebuild, each of the
markreleases generating 4 emails.

So I tried to unsubscribe temporarily and possibly resubscribe with a
different email address. Unfortunately, https://ml.mageia.org/l/lists
said that I'm not subscribed on packages-commits@ (among others) with my
identity account.

So I went directly to the list page, and tried to unsubscribe
"anssi.hannula at iki.fi", and it said that no such subscriber exists.
Internal Server Error, and it seems I can no longer access even
"https://ml.mageia.org/l/lists", I just get HTTP 500 every time.

According to the email headers it is indeed "anssi.hannula at iki.fi" that
is subscribed to the list, though.

I also tried sending the unsubscribe email command, but it seemingly had
no effect.

Can someone with admin access please unsubscribe me from
packages-commits@, or alternatively add a filter for the markrelease
messages?

--
Anssi Hannula