[Mageia-webteam] Progress

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Tue Dec 28 14:49:24 CET 2010

Le mercredi 22 décembre 2010 18:23:53, Romain d'Alverny a écrit :
>   * maintainers db (http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=web:maintdb );
> we've got a new one here; anyone willing to take it? one mandatory
> condition: use a Rails or Django framework to set it up (so it's
> quick, basic and square, built from the data model)

Symfony should be fine too, no ? It's" quick, basic and square, built from the
data model" :)

As I just wrote on the -dev ML, I would have liked to help on this task
because we already have a database full with packages, will synchronize the
list of packages regularly from the mirrors (which the maintainers' db will
have to do too), and so adding maintainership stuff would be easy and avoid
effort duplication (and I'm sure we can have a coherent interface for both the
main goals of mageia-app-db and the maintainers database). However, as the
deadline is probably very short, I didn't (and I was late on the corresponding
thread too and Kosmas already stepped in).

However, it's still possible to work from the mageia-app-db basis if someone
wants to, I'll be glad to help. Version 0.1 of mageia-app-db is due in 3 days,
if needed version 0.2 could be dedicated to maintainership management.

Regards

Samuel Verschelde