[Mageia-webteam] Donation pages update & redirection

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 21:00:59 CET 2011

Hi there,

as some noticed it after my previous message, we moved the donation
pages from donate.mageia.org/* to www.mageia.org/*/donate.

The rationale is that:
 - Mageia got its own bank & paypal accounts
 - we wanted to move it under www.mageia.org

Things have been made a little in a hurry just before the holidays,
and we benefited from several translations already (not all). We still
need to port the donation reporting script (amount, donators) from
Paypal notifications (we have a copy of the previous code).

In the meantime, we should have done this sooner; we have updated all
mageia.org links to not to point to donate.mageia.org anymore, but...
there still may be some somewhere. So we're going to move/update DNS
records for donate.mageia.org and rewrite all URLs to new pages. It's
a matter of a few hours.

Cheers,

Romain