[Mageia-webteam] [Mageia-sysadm] Wiki setup

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Jan 10 00:04:14 CET 2011

Le dimanche 09 janvier 2011 à 21:32 +0100, Oliver Burger a écrit :
> "Romain d'Alverny" <rdalverny at gmail.com> schrieb am 2011-01-09
> > On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 15:55, Wolfgang Bornath
> <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:

Scripts are nice, puppet recipe are better ( because well, I will
rewrite scripts to be puppet configuration )

> > > I'd go for the pattern that is mostly used on the net:
> > > "name.tld/<language>", as we already see it with
> > > "blog.mageia.org/en"
> >
> > Yes. And we would use wiki.mageia.org for either a locale
> > negotatied redirection, or a summary of all existing wikis.
> >
> And on further consideration. It's easier to add languages cause you
> don't need to change anything in apache/dns config as you would have to
> using sub domains.
> Didn't think about that!

Depend on how the setup is done. I am pretty sure that we will still
have apache configuration job to do none the less. And I think adding a
language is a pretty rare moment so we can tolerate to do it. I am also
thinking into tying dns, apache and all with a list of language
declaration, provided enough work is done.

And the downside is that you will have one and only one server for wiki,
no way to split among many server ( as noted by Benoit Audouard ).

Now, what I would want to see is :
1) who decide the language that goes ( because someone has to decide, I
do not think that media is so flexible that anybody can start here own
language, and if there

2)  How many database do we need ( ie, creation of 1 big db, or several
smaller one ).

3) is this : 1 big wiki instance, or several smaller one ?

Do we ever plan to have wiki not linked to language content ? ( like per
team wiki, or that will be section on the english one ? )

I guess I can also take for granted that we will not manage 1 set of
extension per language ?
--
Michael Scherer