[Mageia-webteam] Maintdb

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 15:42:16 CET 2011

Op zondag 06 maart 2011 13:58:15 schreef Kosmas Chatzimichalis:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone wishing to try out the maintainers db, the staging server is here:
>
> http://www.maintdb2.mageia.org.uk/maintainers_spackages
>
> Any comment, suggestions, breakages (I know about one ;-) ), welcome.
>
> Kosmas

I'm just saying how i see it, please don't take offense, i don't mean this in
any personal way:

 - login by binding from ldap (possibly some kind of SSO later)
 - maintainers list should come from ldap (an ldap filter on the packager
group)
 - packages should come from hdlist or something
 - list of packages without maintainer
 - (possibly list of maintainer without packages)
 - mageia has core/tainted/non-free (not main/contrib)
 - don't know what compiled packages is doing there? afaik this is only
usefull for source packages
 - link to bugs for each package
 - if logged in, possibility to grab/drop (co-)maintainership (possibly co-
maintainership)
 - possibility to drop all self owned packages, or some kind of checkbox
operation
 - possibility to drop all owned packages for a user, if you're a package team
leader
 - editing should then be irrelevant, (unless multiple maintainers)
 - (maybe it would be a good idea to put maintainership in ldap? or not?)

possibly not all features are required at the start, but imho there is still a
huge amount of work to be done.