[Mageia-webteam] Translation of the download page "Mageia RC" to portuguese language

Romain d'Alverny rda at mageia.org
Tue May 31 09:18:34 CEST 2011

2011/5/31 Rémi Verschelde <rverschelde at gmail.com>:
> 2011/5/31 MacXi - Ideias Linux <terraagua at gmail.com>:
>> I already do the translation (to pt)  of the blog/news, how do I translate
>> for the site?
>
> You can find the php array here:
> http://svnweb.mageia.org/web/www/trunk/contribute/contribute_locales.php?view=markup
> You can copy in a new file the 'en' array, i.e. from " 'en' => array(
> " to " ), " before the 'de' array.
> Then you change 'en' to 'pt' and you can translate every paragraphs.
> If you send this file to Romain or Oliver it will be much easier for
> them to implement the translation (they will just have to copy-paste
> the contents of your file after the other translations).

Yes.

I just want to add that we (me, Oliver and certainly many others) do
know/realize that this is a messy process/platform to manage
translations. It could be much better than that, but at least we know
why/how. Hopefully during the Summer we'll get to something better for
both designing and translating pages.

Romain