[Mageia-webteam] Missing link to forums

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue May 31 11:06:12 CEST 2011

2011/5/31 Romain d'Alverny <rda at mageia.org>:

> Ok, reinstalled these in the nav bar before a wave rises; however,
> that doesn't make it less messy. Community is much more than just the
> forum, that's the whole project.

Romain, I know that, but you spelled it out nicely: "before the wave rises".
What does that mean? It means, that there is a demand, be it messy or
whatever, we can not argue against the demand of users. I learned that
at mandrivausers.de, I was against having a direct link to the forum
because I wanted users to see all of the project, not just the forum
(Oliver knows that, too). I even proposed a redirection to the portal
page to log in, which resulted in massive complaints by the users.
This direct link to the forum is for fresh users only - once they have
been to the forum and decide to use it permanently they will put the
direct forum link into their bookmarks bar, so you can't avoid people
bypassing the whole rest of the website anyway.

--
wobo