[Mageia-webteam] identity.mageia.org

Romain d'Alverny rda at mageia.org
Tue May 15 13:29:13 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Maât <maat-ml at vilarem.net> wrote:
> cool the common menu but we could find that menu's height make it a little
> bit "space consuming" in particular for laptops with not-so-high screens

The design goal for the whole site (because it's a long path) is to
make branding more obvious (so it has to have a minimum height so that
the logo fits in), make each page of content more focused on its very
purpose (removing unnecessary stuff, using more negative space and
contrast).

That, plus the growing resolution of screens (95% have one higher than
1024x), and incoming touch devices, makes it possible to try a larger
navigation bar.

> just a side note idea : why not syncing the menu with cron and rsync or cron
> and git submodule ?

It's lighter and easier to deploy and maintain this way.