[Mageia-artwork] Specs of JPEG format needed for gfxboot

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 14:48:43 CEST 2011

Hi there,

ennael asked gfxboot devs hints about the exact format required so it
does get displayed (it does not at this time).

Here's the quote that may help:

> if you mean the jpeg format, it must be color jpeg, 2x2 color
> sampling, non-progressive. E.g. create it with cjpeg
> from the jpeg package ('cjpeg -optimize -quality 90 ...').

Now, I'm not sure if this can be set at the source each of you use, or
if we should have a script that checks & converts if needed before
being committed into the package?

Advice?

Romain