[Mageia-artwork] Meeting tomorrow

Max Quarterpleen bogusman222 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 21:58:08 CEST 2011

> I'd go a bit farther, would it not be a great idea to have a complete
> "Mageia style" instead of the boring phpbb standard style? But this
> involves more than replacing just a few icons. Replacing just the
> icons is easily done. Design the new icons in "Mageia"-design, but
> they also have to blend into the phpbb style, then replace the
> existing icons with the new ones. It's not even necessary to change
> any php code.
>
> But rather than web-team the sysadmin team is related (to do the
> changing in git).
>
> --
> wobo

Yes, I know that it's simple.
It's just html files and small gifs with a few plaintext cfg files just for
fun.
I think an easy and effective way to do it would be to copy one of the
existing styles (prosilver and subsilver2 are installed by default, I think)
and then start changing stuff.
I think most of the changes necessary are done in the css files in <forum
root>/styles/<styel name>/theme/ and the new images (icons and stuff) go in
<forum root>styles/<style name>imageset/.
Mind you, I've never done this before, I've just poked around in some phpBB
forum installations. We'll definitely need some wizards from the web team on
this.