[Mageia-artwork] installer/boot loader artwork

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 12:09:00 CET 2011

Hi there,

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 19:54, Céline Harrand <celine.harrand at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 6:47 PM, alexn83 <alexn83 at yandex.ru> wrote:
>> Sorry :-)
>> Here are working links:
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5425490722/

Excellent! That would even be an interesting texture to try for the
website main background, but I'm not sure yet how to implement it with
gradients without having to use the full image.

>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5425490964/

Nice, especially the logo effect. But the sided white/gray sheet makes
a strange balance. What would it render to with a centered white box
in the welcome screen? (still flowing on the bottom). (and without the
labels for we can integrate it to test it)

>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5424890213/

Looks great.

>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5425491184/
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5425491268/
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5424890495/
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5425491630/
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5425491734/
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5424891049/

See below.

>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5425492224/

Cool.

> It really looks professionnal and all, congrats Alexander !
> And I think the 'Only for testing' phrase right on the background is a
> nice idea, so that people understand it's not a fully- featured distro
> yet.

Yes!

> The color chart is a sweet idea to present the mageia variants, but
> has the marketing team stated yet on the re-use the Mandriva product
> name (Flash, pwp, one) ?
> Is it ok or do we infringe some kind of legal trademarks ?

I suggest we leave this flash/pwp/one/free/range layout alone and that
we reuse these screens for another purpose: explain the project (so
that may need to keep the same file names but that's a small issue we
can fix later).

The five slides would be:
 - Mageia as a community driven Linux distribution
 - Mageia governance schema (board, council, teams, community; users/makers)
 - Mageia values
 - Roadmap for 2011
 - How to join

What do you think?