[Mageia-artwork] [RFC] Proposed logo guidelines

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 17:52:28 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 12:39, Olivier FAURAX <olivier at faurax.fr> wrote:
> Le 05/01/2011 21:51, Olivier FAURAX a écrit :
>> We need to find and discuss logo guidelines, and to see what we can
>> allow/disallow about the logo.
>> In this text, "logo" refer to the whole thing (cauldron, bubble,
>> "mageia" text). The "icon" is cauldron+bubble.
>> [...]
>
> Also, if you see modified logo in the wild, please report them.

Indeed. We might set up a form to help for this reporting.

> I just saw the logo from http://cia.vc/stats/project/Mageia

I don't know who put this one there.

> Modifications from original:
> - modified bubble width
> - gradient from black to grey, on the cauldron and on the bubble
>
> I think the modified bubble width is bad, it doesn't seem bubbles now.
> For the gradient, I think it should be "icon-wise" rather than applying
> to each bubble (+cauldron) indepedently.

Actually, the reference original is not really decided yet. And we
will have to discuss/work on this in the next days/weeks. We asked to
Caroline to check on this (and drafted a few versions then) and we saw
of her work this week-end on paper. She should post them here soon and
we can discuss on this. Nothing official to this point.

Romain