[Mageia-artwork] New wiki

Donald Stewart watersnowrock at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 23:21:29 CET 2011

> The existing list is just for trash. I mailed all on the list i didn't
> know but never get a response.
> The question that came in my mind is: Do we need a list of team members?
> What benefit has one of it, if he is listed?
> If it is just like the "Credits" in games/films, than it should be those
> who send artworks/patches to mageia. But this is not really fair,
> because so many people spend time in discussing, bringing good ideas or
> their opinions.
>
> Naming everyone who is a active member of the list would be more fair,
> but that would be round about 20 members.
>
> However, important for visitors of the wiki and artwork interested
> people, is to have a contact. That means, a link to the list, the IRC
> channel, and the representatives.

There is a list of main things that the artwork team do, backgrounds
DM's bootsplash etc, with who is working on them, having teams as such
could be a good way to do this. Or even just one person who can be
contacted, who can then delegate to others.

See here: http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=designers

> That brings to my mind. We should vote for a deputy in the next weeks.
> Any volunteers for this job? Max maybe?

I would be loathe to take on any more responsibilities, its not that i
am uncommited to the team, but my time availabilities do not spread
out evenly so that doesn't help.

Max seems to be an excellent choice, so he gets my vote.