[Mageia-artwork] Design for Mageia 2

Oliver Burger obgr_seneca at mageia.org
Mon Apr 2 16:56:59 CEST 2012

Am 02.04.2012 16:36, schrieb Max Quarterpleen:
> Are we or are we not allowed to change the colors of the logo?
> If so, to what colors can we change it?
> Here we are, after having been chastised for manipulating the logo in
> the installer screens trying to do our damnedest not to manipulate the
> logo for the background and still make it look good. And then you come
> in and say "oh, but what about *this*?"
You are right, that whole process should be better defined. There
definitely was a big problems with the communication but - as much as I
like TeaAge - it was at least partly his failure, because he more or
less disappeared and didn't see to it, that his deputy could fully take
over.
Another lesson learned for the future. We must find a way to get the
deputies more involved, so the absence of a team leader does not disrupt
the whole team.

> I wish that this were better defined, and that the council members had
> gotten involve earlier in the process.
> Same deal with the installer screens. You can't sit there silently
> throughout the whole creative process, and then come in at the deadline
> and say "no, we can't do that".
> That hurts, a lot.
I do understand your feelings. But please keep in mind, we are all human
and thus we do make mistakes. The only way to get rid of that is to get
rid of humans and I don't think that is a good idea.
So we must learn to communicate better here as well.

> It means that all of the work we have been doing until now isn't good
> enough. And when I do take initiative and reach out to council members
> asking "*this* is what we want to do, is that OK with you?" I get
> volumes of silence. But then, a week before everything needs to be
> finished you guys come in and say "Oh, what's been going on? This? no,
> that's not good enough".
> It's enough to make one resentful.
Well, the work isn't lost, let's keep it, refine it and use it for Mga3.
Because after the release is before the release...
About the silence you got back sometimes, I have to admit, it's - at
least partly - my fault as well. In the past few weeks, I have not
really read the artwork ml due to serious time limitations.

Oliver