[Mageia-artwork] Last round of background discussions

Sebastian sebsebseb sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com
Tue Apr 3 20:01:15 CEST 2012

On 03/04/12 Max Quarterpleen:
> Following a proposal from almusalimalmusalimah here is a revised
> version of the white logo:
> http://i.imgur.com/6JDxo.jpg

Hi Max

I really like that logo and I have been (and still am)  trying the
background http://i42.tinypic.com/14u99py.png as my Mageia 1 Gnome
background. I don't think the top right is the correct position for the
logo though, because when looking at my desktop, I keep on looking at
the logo.  The background itself I think should focus my attention not
the logo.

Anyway as you put in the other email: The position of the logo is not up
for discussion, that has already been decided.

I guess that means the logo will have to be moved to the bottom right?

I put something like this in another email already, but ideally I would
like the other two types of background to be in the distro as well for
people to easily be able to choose, not just whichever background is
chosen as the default.  If not in the distro itself in the repo's at least.

Then also ideally for Mageia 3 for people to be able to download all of
the Mageia 2 backgrounds from the repo's including the default Mageia 2
background. I mean I assume there will be a different background for
Mageia 3.  Also Ubuntu and Linux Mint make it easy for people to
download from the repo's their old backgrounds.

Maybe even the Mageia 1 background should be in the repo's for future
versions.

On the subject of backgrounds I think it would be good to provide
additional background packs in the repo's, Ubuntu do this for example,
and I mean other ones, that weren't put into the distro.

 From Sebastian sebsebseb