[Mageia-artwork] Last round of background discussions

Donald Stewart watersnowrock at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 20:06:37 CEST 2012

On 3 April 2012 19:01, Sebastian sebsebseb <sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com> wrote:
> On 03/04/12 Max Quarterpleen:
>
>> Following a proposal from almusalimalmusalimah here is a revised version
>> of the white logo:
>> http://i.imgur.com/6JDxo.jpg
>

> Hi Max
>
> I really like that logo and I have been (and still am)  trying the
> background http://i42.tinypic.com/14u99py.png as my Mageia 1 Gnome
> background. I don't think the top right is the correct position for the logo
> though, because when looking at my desktop, I keep on looking at the logo.
>  The background itself I think should focus my attention not the logo.
>
> Anyway as you put in the other email: The position of the logo is not up for
> discussion, that has already been decided.
>
> I guess that means the logo will have to be moved to the bottom right?
>
> I put something like this in another email already, but ideally I would like
> the other two types of background to be in the distro as well for people to
> easily be able to choose, not just whichever background is chosen as the
> default.  If not in the distro itself in the repo's at least.
>
> Then also ideally for Mageia 3 for people to be able to download all of the
> Mageia 2 backgrounds from the repo's including the default Mageia 2
> background. I mean I assume there will be a different background for Mageia
> 3.  Also Ubuntu and Linux Mint make it easy for people to download from the
> repo's their old backgrounds.

We aren't MInt and Ubuntu - I don't think providing this in the repo
is the right way to go, but more on a local site. If we do provide it
then it can just do into the extra backgrounds.

> Maybe even the Mageia 1 background should be in the repo's for future
> versions.
>
> On the subject of backgrounds I think it would be good to provide additional
> background packs in the repo's, Ubuntu do this for example, and I mean other
> ones, that weren't put into the distro.

This was discussed earlier - if you want to include them, then send me
the images you want and I will add them to extra backgrounds.