[Mageia-artwork] I Suggest a theme

Thorsten van Lil tvl83 at gmx.de
Fri Jan 13 15:17:37 CET 2012

Am 13.01.2012 14:32, schrieb Lucas Borges ..:
> Hi
>
> I created a theme, I think he's very handsome. I had an idea to show
> you, I want an opinion. It was very well accepted by the community
> KDE-Look.org.
>
> See the link
> http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Aquary+qtcurve+theme?content=147688.
>
> Oliver and others in the community also liked. I am now creating the
> same for GTK3 because the QtCurve integrates seamlessly into QT and GTK2
> applications. I think the QtCurve a good alternative for a beautiful
> theme. We can improve the color scheme and other aspects easily. So what
> do think?
>
> Lucas

Hey Lucas,

I really like your theme, too! If it should be the default mageia theme,
2 aspects are important:
1. The theme must be usable for all main Toolkits, that implies KDE/Qt4,
GTK2, GTK3 and maybe Qt3. I'm not sure how the daily work with QtCurve
is. Does a GNOME user have to open the KDE systemsettings to change the
theme, or can he use native GNOME tools to choose an other theme?
2. It must be ensured, that we will and can use the theme for a couple
of years. So, are you willing to support us in this period? To maintain
the theme, modify it (if needed), ... Is it ok, if other community
member also want to take care and maintain your theme?

However, we can of course start to package your theme for mageia, if you
are fine with and a packager will address it (as I'm not a packager).

Regards,
Thorsten