[Mageia-dev] So?

Gustavo Giampaoli giampaoli.gustavo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 21:34:43 CEST 2010

> Okay, - What is the governance of this project ?

Provisional governance of the project is in the hands of Mandriva ex-employees

> I believe that the old worker of Mandriva are the most activs. But it is not
> very false when person like Mahteus (or me), are feeling a problem.

Which problems?????

> I don't doubt that the governance of the project is not null ... But we,
> others of "who maintain the list", we don't see anything.

You don't see because you don't want to. I follow all Mageia MLs and
read Romain's and Anne's mails. Just because they don't write every 20
minutes it means that they are playing in the beach.

> Who is actually the captain, or most contributers ?

There's no captain yet. That's why you must put your name in the wiki.
Then, with people who joined in the wiki, teams will be formed.

> Who is the team who decide the rules like : to put TXT format and not HTML
> format in the mail of the list ? Or to speak only in english ? Or to do only
> RPM and not DEB ? This 3 late days, I have only seen this kind of movement.

It's just common sense. HTML mails are "heavier" that plain text. You
don't need lot of emoticons crap to make your point here.

> So, I think I (and a lot of others) will take more confidence in this
> project if certain person said what they do.

They do it. But maybe you can make it better and create a whole
foundation in 24 hours.

> We have a wiki for write what each can do. But we have nothing for
> "institute" what will be done, when, and who do what ?

As they said in ML, Wiki is just provisional for people who wants to
join Mageia.

> Just a first question : when and where will be done the first meeting of the
> foundation in France ? I want participate, I will take a day of holidays in
> my company for the creation and write of the statuts of this foundation.
> But, it seems that someone is back the decision, and now, actually, I don't
> see who (or which group).

OK, maybe I'm being a little reiterative but, what foundation?????
They are building it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> Mageia will not survive if you make the sames mistake of the last managers
> of Mandriva. For me it was : decision in dark and no visibility to the
> community.
> This community is not only maked from hard-coders for fun ... but also
> people not exclusively technicians but can bring a lot to a community (which
> I also learned to make ABAP / java / Ada95 10 years ago, but now, I am no
> more exactly in this job ... and can give a little part of me).

Congratulations for your skills, but you should stop writing FUD
because you are not helping much. And you are creating panic between
newcomers. You don't affect me, but many newcomers will think that
this is "mafia" and mageia wants their money, and meetings are in dark
basements.

Stop FUDing, PLEASE!!!!!

Gustavo Giampaoli (aka tavillo1980)