[Mageia-dev] So?

Gustavo Giampaoli giampaoli.gustavo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 14:54:32 CEST 2010

> A good idea would be to keep a wiki page listing all the aspects of
> Mageia we want...
> like, "We want RPM, we want plain-text mails only, we want a cool logo", etc...

IMHO that people is going too far in this moment. I mean, far in the future.

Think that we have almost nothing yet. Not even the most important and
basic elements to build the distro. So, people is asking to add
features to a distro that can't be built yet.

With time, Mageia will have all it's needed (build system, bug
tracking, web server, etc etc.). And, of course, some place to drop
ideas. Maybe something like "ideas.mandriva.com" or Mandriva's
bugzilla. Who knows.

Don't feel disappointed. Please, keep your ideas in mind. Be patient
and wait for the right moment to drop it in the right place.

IMHO that wiki is to "slow". IRC is too "real time". MLs are the right
mix between both. With MLs you have enough time to think and write
your idea very clear. And is fast enough to have lot of answers in a
few minutes.

Cheers!

Gustavo Giampaoli (aka tavillo1980)