[Mageia-dev] What do you think about create a Mageia Welcome Center?

atilla ontas tarakbumba at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 12:38:45 CEST 2010

2010/9/30 Robert Xu <robxu9 at gmail.com>:
> On Sep 30, 2010, at 5:23, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
>
>> Le mercredi 29 septembre 2010 à 20:53 -0400, Ireneusz Gierlach a écrit :
>>> I just hope there won't be a survey when you first install, because if
>>> you have no internet it doesn't let you do anything. You have to like go
>>> to console and do not cool stuff. I guess as long as it is not invasive
>>> it will be fine.
>>
>> Then we need to fix it so it cope with no internet access, not disable
>> it.
>
> Maybe the first time connected to the internet the survey should appear?
>
> -- later, Robert Xu

Why we' re talking about a survey? Do we need this? We are not a
company and think about customer happiness. I thought this thread is
about a informational and/or assistance application for newbies.

If we' re talking about a Welcome Center, we should decide if it is
only an informative html page or an assistance to configure basic
things or both.