[Mageia-dev] What do you think about create a Mageia Welcome Center?

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Sep 30 12:52:20 CEST 2010

Le jeudi 30 septembre 2010 à 13:38 +0300, atilla ontas a écrit :
> 2010/9/30 Robert Xu <robxu9 at gmail.com>:

> >> Then we need to fix it so it cope with no internet access, not disable
> >> it.
> >
> > Maybe the first time connected to the internet the survey should appear?
> >
> > -- later, Robert Xu
>
> Why we' re talking about a survey? Do we need this? We are not a
> company and think about customer happiness. I thought this thread is
> about a informational and/or assistance application for newbies.

You do not have to be a company to want to know who use your software.
And I think knowing who use the software can be important in term of
communication. And that's the first step toward listening users.

Now, a automatic survey as done by mdv may not be the best way for us,
but this should not be ditched based on "we are not a company, we do not
need to know who us the software".

--
Michael Scherer