[Mageia-dev] What do you think about create a Mageia Welcome Center?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 30 13:03:49 CEST 2010

2010/9/30 atilla ontas <tarakbumba at gmail.com>:

> Why we' re talking about a survey? Do we need this? We are not a
> company and think about customer happiness. I thought this thread is
> about a informational and/or assistance application for newbies.
>
> If we' re talking about a Welcome Center, we should decide if it is
> only an informative html page or an assistance to configure basic
> things or both.

Agreed. Surveys are a nuisance anyway.
1. A large part of survey participants do not tell the truth.
2. A large part of users do not participate so you will not get any
real information anyway.
3. If something is wrong with the project, the distribution, user
satisfaction or whatever you will know it by user postings in the
forums earlier than by surveys.

So, at the end of the day,
What do you get by surveys to take away?
More work to implement and to read them, that's all.