[Mageia-dev] A new office suite ?

andré andr55 at laposte.net
Thu Sep 30 17:08:28 CEST 2010

Gustavo Giampaoli a écrit :

>> we can have both packages :)
>>
> +1
>
> Of course. It's the most "logical" decision.
>
> But I think Graham means which office suite will be the "default" one
> shipped in the installation media. I like the idea of supporting
> LibreOffice. If anything goes wrong, you always can do an "urpmi
> openoffice". It should be fast if LibreOffice and OpenOffice are,
> right now almost the same thing. Packages for both should be almost
> the same. Am I right?
>
> Cheers!
>

> Gustavo Giampaoli (aka tavillo1980)
> ____
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the go-openoffice version was the default
and only version available on Mandriva, and not the officiel version
from Sun (and now Oracle).
Admittedly, the officiel version corrected bugs more quickly, but the
go- version seemed to add more enhancements.
I think that a large part of the problem with the officiel version was
that Sun insisted on having a signed copyright assignment before any
contribution - even for bug reports.
So my bug reports went to the go- version (or via Mandriva).

- André (andre999), long-time user of Openoffice (usually the officiel
version).