[Mageia-dev] About Mandriva tools future : Host Mandriva tools on github

Fabrice Facorat fabrice.facorat at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 15:26:06 CEST 2010

2010/10/1 Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 15:15, Fabrice Facorat <fabrice.facorat at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2010/10/1 Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org>:
>>> Substance counts a lot more than appearance to me.
>>
>> again you're somewhat wrong
>>
>> iPod and iPhones are inferirors products technically speaking, but
>> they have better appearance ( good marketing, which is about
>> appearance ) and so are successful.
>
> Appearance is not their only reason to be successful at this time.
>
> Both (substance, appearance) are crucial. If you only consider one
> without balancing, making it consistent with the other, you're not
> going down the right path. The interface, the whole experience with it
> is the product.

sure, but appearance is the key point.

Archos is a good example of what we should not do ...

I'm still amazed by the technicals limits of the iPhone, and how
people can still want to buy them ... same for iPod ...

iPod : no mp3, no FM radio, no USB mass storage support
iPhone : no standard visio, no ability to create without iTunes or
third party tools photo albums, less capable facebook integration, no
FM radio, no flash,  and so on ...

--
Close the World, Open the Net
http://www.linux-wizard.net