[Mageia-dev] How will be the realese cycle?

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 12:54:01 CEST 2010

Op vrijdag 01 oktober 2010 23:35:28 schreef Olivier Méjean:
> Le vendredi 1 octobre 2010 23:25:50, Nicolas Lécureuil a écrit :

> > > Have you ever tried ? I did once and broken (don't remeber when, 2009 →
> > > 2009.1
> > > maybe)
> > >
> > > And also it does not answer for OOo 3.2 not being available for
> > > Mandriva 2010
> > >
> > > And finally, why waiting for a new version to update, can't it be done
> > > regularly ?
> >
> > mageia can handle better updates/backports but a for a rolling distro
> > just use cauldron :þ
>
> Well no, cauldron is development version ;)

tbf, any rolling distro is a devel version. to be different requires an
enormous amount of testing; and even then stability cannot be guaranteed...

i disapprove, i need stability, i couldn't care less about newer versions.

(and besides, if you want newer versions, you can always get them from
backports)