[Mageia-dev] How will be the realese cycle?

Raphaël Jadot ashledombos at hodo.fr
Wed Oct 6 08:15:15 CEST 2010

2010/10/6 Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org>:

> I do. I even update them more often. And you would be surprised to see
> that it doesn't create as much problem as you can think, if the sysadmin
> is competent enough.

However many small companies can't pay a competent enough sysadmin.

It's why they often choose what seems for them the most simple solution.

I certainly don't know which is the best for a distro, but as long as
there will be so much sweat and "fear" about upgrading a distro, there
will be this recurrent discussion.

I know that they have not as much users as mandriva do, and also they
are young, but unity linux started with the idea of a small core with
long term release, and branches that add packages such as desktop, wm,
de etc. that can have a short term release.

Just telling that for the discussion, not that this is what to do :)