[Mageia-dev] Mageia repository sections, licenses, restrictions, firmware etc

Jerome Quelin jquelin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 18:18:41 CEST 2010

On 10/10/12 18:02 +0300, Anssi Hannula wrote:
> Do people have any thoughts on what kind of repository/media sectioning we
> should use on Mageia, and what should those sections contain?
>
> == Do we want a separated core repository?
>
> No separated core: Fedora, Debian, Opensuse
> Separated core: Mandriva (main), Ubuntu (main), Arch (Core)

i'd rather have no separated core repository. it's really not funny to
fail some builds in core because of deps in contrib: understanding why
the build fails, requesting the move to main, waiting for someone with
move powers to act, waiting for hdlist to be rebuilt and finally,
finally resubmit the job... -ENOFUN!

now, i guess this will also depend of the support policy we decide for
mageia. but i'd really, really like *not* to split main & contrib (or
whatever their names are).

jérôme
jquelin at gmail.com