[Mageia-dev] Mageia repository sections, licenses, restrictions, firmware etc

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Tue Oct 12 19:09:52 CEST 2010

Quote: Lucien-Henry Horvath wrote on Tue, 12 October 2010 19:00

> Don't panic ... if our french government continue in the sens of
> DADVSI,
> HADOPI, and LOPSI law ... our futur is to build any linux distribution
>
> without possibility to install anything (no video player, no tools for
>
> download, no tools for learn working about network like netsaint etc
> ...).
>
>   Poor dear freedom  :(

If that happens then the owners/maintainers of zarb.org/plf will be in
trouble, too.

Also if it ever gets that bad, then the association could in future be
moved to a country with less restrictive laws, it doesn't have to be in
the same country as the founders.

All big corporations do that (move their HQ to the country with the best
laws/taxes) so why not a FOSS association?

--
Mageia ML Forum Gateway: http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/