[Mageia-dev] sync with mandriva

Bruno Cornec Bruno.Cornec at hp.com
Mon Nov 8 12:41:55 CET 2010

Michael Scherer said on Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 12:37:44PM +0100:

> Le lundi 08 novembre 2010 à 12:11 +0100, Bruno Cornec a écrit :
> > Michael Scherer said on Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 12:04:25PM +0100:
> > > separated svn for tarball.
> >
> > What does it bring ?
>
> compared to current situation, it allow us to clean it more easily the
> tarball from svn. The goal was to prevent endless growth of the
> repository.

I understand that point, but not the reason to put at all the tar in
SVN.

> Well, a flat or a directory like structure for perf reason, yes. But it
> was discussed some years ago on maintainers@, and so I think this was
> raised as well, except that I do not remind the outcome. Spuk did the
> work, so you need to ask him.

Well, I thought that a new distro could afford discussing again some of
the choices that have prooved to be problematic in the past thus my msg.
I'm not sure that history is so important that opinion of people who
will manage that in the future.

Bruno.
--
Open Source & Linux Profession Lead EMEA           / http://opensource.hp.com