[Mageia-dev] Mirror layout, round two

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Mon Nov 29 12:41:09 CET 2010

Le lundi 29 novembre 2010 04:32:07, Olivier Thauvin a écrit :
> If you're maintaining a mirror you should first take care about the
> ressources need by each distro you host, and small mirror won't probably
> host mageia.
> There enough big mirrors around the world able to host us to not
> encourage small one to mirror us with bad practices, IMHO.

This is insightful. I was the one to propose a separate games media to allow mirrors to exclude them (for size reasons), but I think that we could first try to avoid to split media into "games" or "overflow" secondary media.

That is quite a simplification, I think we should postpone any size-related splitting.

Regards

Samuel