[Mageia-dev] Mirror layout, round two

Jerome Quelin jquelin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 11:48:49 CET 2010

On 10/11/30 12:37 +0200, Thomas Backlund wrote:
> We wont blindly import every package from cooker, instead  we'll
> start off the import with basesystem (as in bootable system with
> shell access), compiler and rpm tools (and of course their buildtime
> depencies). When all of that is imported and rebuilt, we have a
> working buildsystem / base to build from.
>
> Then we to go on with and start importing X, the different
> DE's and every other package needed to build a full distro.
>
> By doing it this way, we get a clean start, every package rebuilt,
> and no old/unmaintained stuff in the beginning.
>
> Then as more maintainers join, I guess more packages will be imported
> from cooker and other sources. And packages can always be requested.

sounds sensible to me.

questions:
- how will the import be done?
- is it up for the maintainer to request it? or only for non-base system
  packages?
- or does the maintainer has a magic command to do?
- will submitting a package for rebuild bork the list of maintainer (mdv
  uses the "maintainer = 1st to submit" scheme)
- do we have an estimated planning with the different steps?

jérôme
jquelin at gmail.com