[Mageia-dev] Mirror layout, round two

Luca Berra bluca at vodka.it
Sat Dec 11 14:41:00 CET 2010

On Sun, Dec 05, 2010 at 09:46:21PM +0100, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
>Thinking of PLF, "MLF" comes to mind but that abbreviation has another
>well-known meaning. :) "pisc" (patented in some countries) is another
what i particulary like about the plf name is the "liberation" word,
which has a clear positive meaning.
every other suggestions in this thread has a negative connotation
'tainted', 'swamp', etc.

Wording should not convey the meaning that it is illegal, thus _wrong_
to use this kind of software.

Wording should convey the meaning that using this kind of software is a
way to express personal freedom without really committing any _wrong_.

I would really hate if a free software distribution fell in the trap of
supporting the idea that software patents are _right_.

L.

Luca Berra -- bluca at vodka.it