[Mageia-dev] Proposal for bugzilla

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Wed Dec 22 23:25:16 CET 2010

Le mercredi 22 décembre 2010 22:58:44, andre999 a écrit :

> Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
> >
> > Op woensdag 22 december 2010 20:38:06 schreef Ahmad Samir:
>
> If we agree that a bug can originate in more than one package, a
> multiline (multi-rpm) field could be useful.

No need for a multiline field. If we agree that the field, by convention, can contain one rpm name (common case) or more, separated by commas for example, then it wont add complexity over the initial proposal from Ahmad and would still allow people to flag more RPMs if they want.

From the bug solving point of view, this would not add much benefit, but for users it may bring some useful information, for example in mageia-app-db. Indeed, like it was said earlier, if the problem shows in package A but is in fact a bug in package B, it's still useful to have package A mentioned so that we can say, on the package's page in mageia-app-db "Hey, there's a known open bug for this package".

Regards

Samuel Verschelde