[Mageia-dev] Proposal for bugzilla

Michael scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Dec 23 20:44:14 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 11:34:35PM +0100, Samuel Verschelde wrote:
> Le mercredi 22 décembre 2010 21:25:39, Michael scherer a écrit :

> > > On https://qa.mandriva.com/ anything goes.
> > > To permit consistent searches I think we should standardise.
> > > The aim would to be to as specific as needed but not more;
> > > as far as I know that would be :
> > >
> > > name-version-release
> > >
> > > unless the bug is architecture specific, where we would have :
> > >
> > > name-version-release.architecture
> >
> > There is already a "architecture" field, afaik, as well as a version field,
> > no ?
> >
> > ( I didn't check as I refuse to enter my password over a insecured http session ).
> >
> > And I think that giving rpm ( and not srpm ) will make search a little bit complex
> > in some corner cases ( can will also cause problem for the next point ).
> >

> So you think the (S)RPM field should only contain SRPM filenames ?

No, just the srpm name.
At least from a data point of view.

> If yes, I agree with that, because as Frederic stated above, in current
> Mandriva bugzilla, there's no enforced rule for that. You can put
> anything in the field, and you often end up with rpm filenames, or
> simple package names (e.g. "virtualbox").
>
> However asking bug reporters to know the SRPM is too much, so this rule
> can only be enforced on Packagers and Triage Team side I think. This is
> already how it works on qa.mandriva.com : if you know the SRPM, you put
> it, if not someone will triage and do it for you.

Well, that's more a UI question, and so it should be decoralated from the
way we store data in the DB.  ( now, it may be hard to achieve, but I am sure
that templates + ajax could do miracle, like "enter the name of rpm here" and
have it searched with js to fill the proper input ).

--
Michael Scherer