[Mageia-dev] Proposal: Deprecate draknetcenter+network init scripts after systemd becomes default.

Kira elegant.pegasus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 13:08:26 CEST 2011

在 Mon, 22 Aug 2011 17:57:02 +0800, Colin Guthrie
<mageia at colin.guthr.ie>寫道:

> Hello,
>
> I also have it on good authority that many of the features lacking in
> NetworkManager (such as bridging configuration) will be available in the
> not too distant future and many other more advanced networking features
> such as fast-start DHCP, per-interface DNS, 4-8's DNS fallback and
> several other nice features will ultimately be possible too.
>
> So with all this in mind, I think the writing is very much on the wall
> with regards to the future integration of NetworkManager into the
> desktop. I believe we will be able to concentrate our resources better
> by going along with the rest of the world in this regard. I have
> personally switched to it now (as I do not need advanced features of
> draknetcenter et al) as a step towards this.

So what can draknet do while NM can't?

If such a thing exist, I think abandon draknet is not a good idea,

since it's much more integrate into MCC. Also, is it possible to

combine them up, like using draknet to support manage the connection

, letting NM replace the role of net_applet?