[Mageia-dev] [RPM] cauldron core/release firefox-ext-add-on-compatibility-reporter-0.9-1.mga2

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 20:53:37 CEST 2011

Op donderdag 25 augustus 2011 20:45:16 schreef Sander Lepik:
> 25.08.2011 21:28, Mageia Team kirjutas:
> > Name        : firefox-ext-add-on-compatibility-reporter  Relocations:
> > (not relocatable) Version     : 0.9
> > Vendor: Mageia.Org Release     : 1.mga2                        Build
> > Date: Thu Aug 25 20:27:17 2011 Install Date: (not installed)
> >   Build Host: jonund
> > Group       : Networking/WWW                Source RPM: (none)
> > Size        : 133229                           License: MPL
> > Signature   : (none)
> > Packager    : Mageia Team <http://www.mageia.org>
> > URL         :
> > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/add-on-compatibility-repo
> > rter/ Summary     : Firefox extension that enables to report
> > broken/working extensions Description :
> > Help Mozilla make sure your favorite add-ons get updated for upcoming
> > Firefox releases by using this extension to report whether they still
> > work or are having some issues with alpha and beta releases.
> >
> > tv <tv> 0.9-1.mga2:
> > + Revision: 135357
> > - new release
> > - imported package firefox-ext-add-on-compatibility-reporter
>
> WHY OH WHY are you doing this?!
>
> This add-on can be downloaded from amo. You import new extensions but i
> can't see you updating them when new Firefox is released!
>
> There is really no reason to make our life so hard :/ It's a real pain to
> keep track on all those extensions that need upgrading when new Firefox is
> coming.
>
> Bad idea, really bad idea!

What if we note somewhere all the extensions/plugins so that we know which
have to be rebuilt?

personally, even if it's downloadable, i disagree that this is not wanted. for
example, in some environments access to internet could be restricted, but for
example a local mirror could be available.

i believe we should package as much extensions as possible.