[Mageia-dev] [RPM] cauldron core/release firefox-ext-add-on-compatibility-reporter-0.9-1.mga2

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 09:27:41 CEST 2011

On 25/08/2011 21:03, Sander Lepik wrote:
> 25.08.2011 21:53, Maarten Vanraes kirjutas:
>> i believe we should package as much extensions as possible.
> And if there is security hole in extension? Do you monitor all of them? Most of them get
> updated w/o big notice. We do not have people to monitor extensions.
Just create another dedicated update source for youri-check if you
really need it.

> And it's stopping us to
> update Firefox.
I don't see where it is stated than firefox can't get updated until all
extensions in the distributions work with it.

The large advantage of packaged extensions is that they are managed by
sysadmins, instead of users, which makes a difference when they are
different people.
--
BOFH excuse #139:

UBNC (user brain not connected)