[Mageia-dev] [RPM] cauldron core/release firefox-ext-add-on-compatibility-reporter-0.9-1.mga2

Sander Lepik sander.lepik at eesti.ee
Fri Aug 26 09:50:42 CEST 2011

26.08.2011 10:27, Guillaume Rousse kirjutas:
> I don't see where it is stated than firefox can't get updated until
> all extensions in the distributions work with it.
I would call it a regression that shouldn't pass QA. One day your ads
ands scripts are blocked and the other day they are not. Great user
experience..
> The large advantage of packaged extensions is that they are managed by
> sysadmins, instead of users, which makes a difference when they are
> different people.
And even larger disadvantage comes in when they are not updated. Contain
memory leaks and so on. The biggest problem here is that the packager
who imported those addons is not keeping them up-to-date.

Sysadmin can copy those extensions into place anyway. Then it's up to
him/her to keep them up-to-date. Currently we have to take care of that
and we don't (or if anyone wants to claim that we do then we do it
really poorly as there are already newer versions of addons that got
pushed with latest update).

--
Sander