[Mageia-dev] [135989]

John Balcaen mikala at mageia.org
Tue Aug 30 12:56:22 CEST 2011

2011/8/29 Zé <mmodem00 at gmail.com>:

>> [...]
>
> Yes the commit coment was incorrect, what i wanted to say was this:
> - set requires in devel package to version like hapens for restant packages
>
> Since all soprano packages have requires to version (except the devel
> package), i just put the devel requires also to version, that way we
> had soprano requires only to version.
> See if we were really acting as a team then i would replade restant
> soprano packages to have requires to release instead changing then to
> version, but you with dmorgan have put me simply apart, so how could
> you expect me to do things other way if you with dmorgan have simply
> alienated me.

Because it's to difficult to ask before doing changes ?

> You were also who started doing all by own way, you didnt discuss with
> me anychanges, for example the changes you made in wiki.
> For example you add severall items to Golds section without discussing
> any, they should be first added as proposals so that could be first
> discussed in a meeing.

Because thoses changes/proposal where *already* decided *before* you even
come to KDE, i simply wrote them down.
Of course that does not mean that we won't change the goal after, it is not like
it was written in the stone... it's a *wiki*...

> But for you theres no kde team, since you just do what it pleases you.
> But now you should be even more pleased since now dmorgan in the kde
> packaging policy wiki page have put that now in a PENDING status.
> I know very well from where comes all that dmorgan animosityagainst
> me, mem and dmorgan is the past have already had divergencies, so let
> you know that this simply dodnt appear out of the blue, there are a
> history regarding dmorgan and me.

I don't care at all about animosity between you and dmorgan, stricly no...

> Before dmorgan appear we were going ok, of course we had some
> discussions but thats normal, but its not normal that without any
> proper reason dmorgan did talked to me with some "tone" and
> "aggressiveness".

You should double check how you're talking on irc before saying that.

> You even said that i would be happy if you left Mageia, and like i
> answered in other thread you were too far from the truth, you are a
> person that are always contributing, that put much effort to help
> Mageia, and no one in his perfect mind would think was good to put
> away some person with those capabilities.
>
> Some of my latest commits were correct and simple (for eexamplein
> kdelibs4), and they were reverted by dmorgan based in a rule that he
> created, and that rule was simply put by him, without any discusion,
> no one were asked about and i never agreed with it, he simply said
> "and now i take my sysadmin hat..." and did it.
>
> So from that point what would be the purpose to discuss any with you
> since no one can diverge from you, when that happens dmorgan appears
> and "takes his sysadmin hat..." and rises his tone saying i cant do
> this or that.
> Seamsn now you and dmorgan own kde.

Ok so maybe you can stop a little bit your paranoïa...
I asked dmorgan to reverse your previous commit because you did not ask
anything neither show us a commit when you were supposed to do as i told
you before but i guess you forgot this one (i did not do it personally because
i'm was quite buzy but i guess i should have done it...)
Here with your previous change i take the time to comment & ask for explanation
because you again did not ask & decided what was better from *your*
point of view.

> Your behaviour has changed mainly from the day that misc attacked me
> without knowing all facts, so from that point all that was being done
> as team SIMPLY didsappeared, and you didnt even said nothing about
> what dmorgan did, saying that my commits should be reviewed all by
> you, that is abusive, and if remember correctly untill that day we act
> as a team, and you be havior from that changed and severall times you
> rised your tone just like that for almost nothing.

I'm sorry but my behaviour did not change at all... It's just because
i had enough with
your style aka « i'm going to propose something and if you're not
agree i'll apply it anyway
because i'm the older packager, i know how to do things etc etc ...»
or « i'm going to commit
some changes which is not important from my point of view so it's not
for other » or « i'm going
to commit something and *ask* after about this »

You probably think that i was agree with you simply because i was
agree with *some* of
your suggestions that's all...

I really don't remember also how we act as a team since you did not
take your part of the job:
i asked you to do a simple thing on the wiki ( add the members of the
kde team on a specific
 wiki page)  & suddendly you start changing without asking the
kde_policy_packaging wiki page

I'm still waiting for your commit in soft regarding iaora_kde since June 12th...
You're not doing correctly your job & then you complain that we're not
acting as a team ?
Also maybe you can start helping on bug fixing on mageia like for
example Luc is doing ?

I asked you to work on digikam2 initially but we spent too much time
talking about libs package because
you suddendly wanted to obsolete some kde libs because they were part
of digikam SC and i was forced to
ask neoclust & Gilles about this since you were not agree with me
about the lib packaging because you had
a better idea... and when we finally reached an agreement and you were
supposed to provide a spec quite soon
nothing happens..

> I always wanted that we could all could get along with each other, of
> course we would have some discussions (thats normal, and its from
> discussions that development grows), and from that we would reach
> agreements and consensus about what to do or follow.

What with discussion if you're simply does not care about my opinion ?
In fact you simply want to have a « leader » hat status ?

> I think if we continued as a team without dmorgan interventions we
> would continue in the right path for Mageia grow and stability.

I would better say that it would be better *without* you until you're
okay to discuss your changes
before commiting them or *even* better as i said in a previous private
email *TEST THEM* locally
by building them in a iurt chroot (& yes i already sent you the
documentation i used to create my
iurt repository locally) instead of commiting & fixing build errors by
submitting it in the BS.
So in summary please don't target anyone else when you're the culprit
with your attitude.
Again that does not mean that all your commits are wrong but sometimes
you changed the behavior
simply because you think it's better, for example recently you add a
patch on kdeutils (
http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/kdeutils4/current/SPECS/kdeutils4.spec?r1=128724&r2=134478
) to remove  a simple rm -rf in a spec.
Is it wise to patch (& maintain a patch because i'm not sure you
submitted it upstream) when we can simply remove thoses files in the
spec ?
Did we dicuss about this ? no because you probably think it's a better
solution & it's a minor thing..

> And again i appeal that we can that we could have a meeting so that
> all could be discussed and defined, so that now we should act as a
> whole without any frictions.
> Like i satated im not here to fight or bash no one, but to act as a
> part of a whole.

I'm really doubt about that point since from what i see so far because
you're not
following your own words..

> Yesterday i was about to remove me completly from Mageia, since i dont
> want to be in a place where someone can have abusice behaviours and no
> appears to regulate that sittuation.
> Mikala mayve this was your wish, since what have been happening its
> far from a community behaviour and you may see that im very different
> from Fwang, some that you have referred severall tmes that he changes
> things without discussing any, thing that i did used to do as a team,
> but my latest commit was something i did to see at what point things
> would go, and again i can see dmorgan can do everything he wants like
> now put me as a pending status regarding the kde team.

Well on that point i'm quite agree with dmorgan.
Maybe you should really learn to work/integrate with the way we work...
Maybe you should act more like luc who he's sending a review of his changes
before commiting anything & waiting for an answer even if he's more than a good
packager (& also a programmer by the way) but i guess he's probably biased since
he used to work with kde reviewboard...

--
Balcaen John
Jabber-id: mikala at jabber.littleboboy.net