[Mageia-dev] [soft-commits] [2494] Port stage2 to use udev.

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Sat Dec 31 01:03:02 CET 2011

31.12.2011 01:48, Colin Guthrie skrev:
> 'Twas brillig, and Thomas Backlund at 30/12/11 22:02 did gyre and gimble:
>> 20.12.2011 13:07, Thierry Vignaud skrev:
>>>
>>> That won't work. stage2 is mounted by stage1 in /tmp/stage2
>>> so you want to create&   include it in stage1
>>>

>> Yeah, and creating livecds are now totally broken due to this :(
>
> Crap. I presume it's not this specific hunk that's at fault so much as
> the overall change?
>

> Do you know which bits specifically fail?

Well, afaik it's exactly the reason Thierry states, meaning
this should be done in stage1 so it gets done in the real install
chroot, not in the mounted stage2 dir as it is now.

Then I dont know if the installer should kill the udev daemon and
unmount the other mounts that this change added at end of install,
or if we need to teach draklive how to do that.

--
Thomas