[Mageia-dev] Repository question: where do we put non-free+tainted RPMs?

Renaud MICHEL r.h.michel+mageia at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 23:14:27 CEST 2011

On mardi 12 juillet 2011 at 22:48, andre999 wrote :
> I noticed that all packages in "tainted" contain ".tainted." in the name.
> rsync permits adding the option
> --exclude '.tainted.'
> to permit excluding such packages if a mirror wants to.

You should not do that, because you will end up with a broken repository, as
the hdlist files will contain references to files which are not present on
the mirror.
A repository must be mirrored entirely or not at all.

(And I think it is already enough work for the mirror maintainers to have to
exclude some directory, they surely don't want to maintain per mirror custom
rules)

--
Renaud Michel