[Mageia-dev] Repository question: where do we put non-free+tainted RPMs?

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 06:55:27 CEST 2011

On 12 July 2011 23:14, Renaud MICHEL <r.h.michel+mageia at gmail.com> wrote:
> On mardi 12 juillet 2011 at 22:48, andre999 wrote :
>> I noticed that all packages in "tainted" contain ".tainted." in the name.
>> rsync permits adding the option
>> --exclude '.tainted.'
>> to permit excluding such packages if a mirror wants to.
>
> You should not do that, because you will end up with a broken repository, as
> the hdlist files will contain references to files which are not present on
> the mirror.
> A repository must be mirrored entirely or not at all.

Yes, but then tainted is a separate repo, mirror admins can simply not
mirror it if they want (that was one of the reasons why it _is_ a
separate repo). So not mirroring tainted wouldn't break anything
(other than that users won't get the full set of repos, but that's up
to each mirror admin to decide, we only offer the option).

--
Ahmad Samir