[Mageia-dev] Updates and 0 release

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Tue Jul 26 17:53:31 CEST 2011

Le mardi 26 juillet 2011 17:48:55, Samuel Verschelde a écrit :
> Le mardi 26 juillet 2011 12:40:02, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > while trying to work on the queue of update needing a push, I noticed
> > that almost all of them use a "Release: 0".
> >
> > Since this has a specific meaning ( ie, used for pre release, or svn
> > snapshot ), using this for updates is quite confusing, and I do not see
> > the reason for that.
> >
> > If the goal is to be sure that the software is still upgradable, the
> > whole %mkrel stuff should take care of that. And if not, we can rebuild
> > in cauldron to increase the release.

Re-reading the last sentence for the third time, I understood it at last : so
you suggest that we start with release 1 in updates and systematically bump
release in cauldron when it's the case ? Why not if using release 0 is really
a problem.

By the way, is there a youri-check test that checks that packages in the n-th
release don't have a higher version than those in the (n+x)th releases and
cauldron ?

Best regards

Samuel