[Mageia-dev] Updates and 0 release

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Jul 26 18:49:22 CEST 2011

Le mardi 26 juillet 2011 à 17:53 +0200, Samuel Verschelde a écrit :
> Le mardi 26 juillet 2011 17:48:55, Samuel Verschelde a écrit :
> > Le mardi 26 juillet 2011 12:40:02, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > while trying to work on the queue of update needing a push, I noticed
> > > that almost all of them use a "Release: 0".
> > >
> > > Since this has a specific meaning ( ie, used for pre release, or svn
> > > snapshot ), using this for updates is quite confusing, and I do not see
> > > the reason for that.
> > >
> > > If the goal is to be sure that the software is still upgradable, the
> > > whole %mkrel stuff should take care of that. And if not, we can rebuild
> > > in cauldron to increase the release.
>
> Re-reading the last sentence for the third time, I understood it at last : so
> you suggest that we start with release 1 in updates and systematically bump
> release in cauldron when it's the case ? Why not if using release 0 is really
> a problem.

Not systematically, only if needed, and it should IMHO be almost never
needed, for the sake of consistency with the existing practice of
starting at 1 for every others cases.

> By the way, is there a youri-check test that checks that packages in the n-th
> release don't have a higher version than those in the (n+x)th releases and
> cauldron ?

There is Youri::Submit::Test::Precedence :

NAME
       Youri::Submit::Test::Precedence - Release test against another
test

DESCRIPTION
       This test plugin rejects packages whose an older revision already
       exists for another upload target.

And it was disabled on plf due to rpm5 problem, according to a comment,
but was used before.

It is currently installed but not used on our system, that's 1 line of
configuration to enable it for updates(_testing)? .
--
Michael Scherer