[Mageia-dev] Some more new rpmlint warning on upload

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 15:32:48 CEST 2011

On 27 July 2011 14:10, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> I also found some others :
> * bogus-variable-use-in-%posttrans
> ia_ora-gnome.i586: W: bogus-variable-use-in-%posttrans $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
>
> this one is clearly a bug.

yes but on the other hand, the intended action will work (or should at
least), I don't
expect this var to be expanded when rpm run such script.
On the other side, it's very very fishy.
so let's say OK

> * no-url-tag
> while not blocking, I see no good reason for that.

Some packages have no more upstream....

> * spurious-executable-perm
> file in %doc and manpages should not be executable. And so this errors
> ( if I am not wrong ) should block upload. Yet I am not sure, so let's
> add to the 2nd list ( discuss and then act ).
>
> * update-menus-without-menu-file-in-%postun
> AFAIK, menu is deprecated in favor of freedesktop menu. So there is
> clearly something wrong ( from icewm-light )

Maybe should we blacklist packages still having old menu entries instead?