[Mageia-dev] Some more new rpmlint warning on upload

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 21:49:39 CEST 2011

Op woensdag 27 juli 2011 18:30:23 schreef nicolas vigier:
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Maarten Vanraes wrote:

> > > So create a page for it on the wiki and use that for the URL tag.
> > >
> > >      Christiaan
> >
> > well, that sounds nice, but i still would like some policies about such
> > software? what are the rules, do these packages have some kind of impact
> > on mageia itself? also, clearly not every such software could/would be
> > allowed?
>
> Which software are you talking about ?

any kind of software that has wiki pages on mageia for eg: url links (which is
none atm; but then, that's the whole point of this discussion)

if i have packaged software (eg: plasma-applet-launchbutton ) which has no URL
field, Christiaan Welvaart suggested to put a wiki page up and put that page in
the URL field.

I just wonder if this is a good idea or not. i'm sure we don't want any type
of software to be put on wiki and in URL fields of packages.